Before you turn your nose up, this is why we have a section on chickpeas…
- Chickpeas are also known as garbanzo beans.
- Chickpeas are an excellent source of protein and are just a chockfull of goodness.
- Chickpeas can often be found at food banks, and are usually a staple food for many (if they know the value a chickpea has).
- Chickpeas can be eaten cooked or raw! Just open the can, drain it, and enjoy!
- Chickpeas take on the flavour of spices they are being cooked with making them incredibly versatile.
- Chickpeas can be eaten as a snack (you can just roast them), as a dip (just mash them) or as an ingredient of numerous salty and sweet dishes.
- Chickpeas can be eaten hot or cold.
- Try adding chickpeas to your soup instead of croutons, or to your salads and stir fries to get that extra crunch.